International Admission Rule
The University agrees in principle to admit Foreign Nationals/NRI students to the Postgraduate, Undergraduate and Ph. D. programmes in different fields on full time basis to provide educational opportunities to Foreign Nationals/NRI students and thereby generate resources for funding the cost of education and development of facilities.
1.1 International Division for Foreign Nationals/NRI students (IDFS):
There is an "International Division" for Foreign Nationals /NRI students (IDFS) set up at Sharda University as a single window to deal with admission and guidance of Foreign Nationals /NRI students. This Cell will not only control the admission of the students but will also provide necessary guidance for securing admission. All letters relating to Foreign Nationals /NRI students should be addressed to the IDFS Advisor of the University.
2.0 Category of Foreign Nationals/NRI
Foreign Nationals /NRI students are categorized as follows
- Sponsored by the Govt. of India (through ICCR) on cultural exchange programme
- Sponsored by the home country of the concerned Foreign Nationals/NRI students and/or funding agencies
- Self-financing direct entry (with the clearance of Govt. of India)
- NRI students
The eligibility required for admission to different programmes can be checked in detail from the prospectus or University website. The minimum educational qualification for admission of Foreign Nationals/NRI in various programmes is same as for Indians. Only those students who have qualified from Foreign Universities or Boards of Higher Education, recognized as equivalent by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) are eligible for admission. When required, a reference will be made to AIU to check the equivalent.
2.2 Requirement of Visa
Full time programmes All the Foreign Nationals/NRI students will require a student visa endorsed to only Sharda University for joining full time programmes. No other endorsement is acceptable. Students wishing to join a research programme will require a research visa endorsed to Sharda University. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the programme or for a maximum of five years. Study visa applications require an unconditional offer from a recognized Indian educational institute. All students staying in India longer than 6 months are required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO). The following documents are required for registration
- Photocopy of the passport and initial visa
- Four photographs of the applicant
- Details of residents in India
- HIV test report from one of the WHO recognized institutions for people in the age group of 15 to 60
- Bona fides certificate from the university/college/institution
- Proof of Bank Account/sufficient funds for non-scholarship students
Foreign Nationals/NRI students do not require to submit a No Objection Certificate for joining professional programmes, however all Foreign Nationals/NRI students willing to undertake any research work or join a Ph. D. or M. Phil. programmes will have to obtain prior security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs and the approval of Department of Secondary & Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and must be on the research visa endorsed to this Institution.
2.4 Medical Test
All Foreign Nationals/NRI students will have to undergo a medical fitness test including HIV test before taking final admission.
2.5 Medical Insurance
It is advised that all Foreign Nationals/NRI students take a medical insurance policy to meet the expenses of medical treatments (which are not available in the university health centre) during the stay at the university. A copy of the said insurance policy should be submitted at the time of final admission.
2.6 Proficiency in English
IELTS is mandatory for all Foreign Nationals/NRI students who have been granted provisional admission to any of the programmes at Sharda University
- 5.5 for all programmes except medical.
- 6.0 for medical, dentistry and nursing programmes.
A Foreign Nationals/NRI student shall be exempted from this programme provided
- The student has passed the qualifying examination in English medium
- The student has a valid score in Proficiency Test in English like TOFEL and IELTS.
3.1 Admission Information
Student willing to join the University for various programmes will get the information about the application form, eligibility requirements, programmes available and admission procedure from the prospectus or the website of the University.
3.2 Provisional Admission Form
The application for provisional admission is to be submitted to the IDFS along with the prescribed fees on or before the last date specified. The IDFS will then check the eligibility and issue the provisional eligibility letter. This is required to get the visa and to complete other formalities.
3.3 Provisional Admission procedure
- Move to our website www.sharda.ac.in to apply online
- Click the link provided for International admission
- Fill the form with all initial details and submit it for further follow-up
- The IDFS will issue the provisional eligibility letter after scrutinizing the forms and on the basis of credentials verified by the University and the Association of Indian University
Stage II For further approach, forward all scanned documents as listed below to IDFS email firstname.lastname@example.org
List of required documents
|1||X / SSC Marks Sheet / 'O' Level Certificate.|
|2||XII / HSSC / Intermediate Marks Sheet / 'A' Level Certificate|
|3||Leaving / Transfer Certificate|
|4||Graduation Mark Sheets|
|6||Photocopy of Visa / Passport.|
- After checking applicant eligibility criteria, we will forward the consent approval with elaborated process on students' email id.
- After receiving the approval of the application, the applicant has to deposit USD 500 towards registration and other formalities. For bank details click here.
- After receipt of registration amount the applicant will receive a provisional admission letter for applying student visa.
- Personal interview with verification along with the full fee deposition is the final step for the conversion of provisional admission into confirmed admission.
3.4 Final admission
After obtaining the provisional eligibility letter the following requirements have to be fulfilled: 3.4.1 Visa 3.4.2 No objection certificate/equivalence 3.4.3 Fee 3.4.4 Medical test The students may conduct the following tests at their country failing which they will have to undergo these tests at India before taking admission.
- HIV test
- Hepatitis surface Antigen (HBsAg)/ Australia Antigen
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture