School of Basic Sciences and Research (SBSR)
Basic Science and Research are recognized as the single most important tool in creating a pool of thinkers and world leaders in Science and Technology. Science and Technology driven economy in the world has sustained an edge in developmental goals in the world. In India, basic science and research has gained popularity and relevance in higher education through various governmental initiatives like KVPY, NTSE, and setting up of institutions like IISER.
Sharda University are starting 3 year B.Sc program in Science, an initiative which is in line with the global perspective in Science education. Students of science are being recruited in large numbers in Industry because of their intellect, their problem-solving skills and their understanding of basic concepts. Through a 3 year degree, such students of science would also receive due recognition in developed countries like USA and Canada.
The Sharda University is now opening its portals to students seeking a career in Basic Sciences by introducing a Five-years integrated Bachelor of Science/Master of Science (B.Sc/M.Sc) Programme in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences. The programme is designed as a blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics that will serve as a launching pad for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry.
The novelty of this programme lies in its interdisciplinary approach, strong flavour of engineering, exposure to disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, and a year-long research project. The students, after successful completion of four years, will have the option to exit with B.Sc degree or continue for the M.Sc degree with a specialization in a particular discipline. Students specializing in a particular discipline will be encouraged to take programmes in other disciplines, thus maintaining the strong interdisciplinary flavour of the programme.
This programme is embedded in a mature and highly sophisticated research culture. The University has grown in an open and free academic environment where dedicated teaching, state-of-the-art laboratories, fast information networks and well-stocked libraries have come into being, aided by a flexible and enabling mode of administrative functioning. We believe that this unique academic environment is well positioned to impart high-quality training to inquisitive young minds.
- 25 years of research experience in the field of plant tissue culture technology, Separation Technology, Molecular Biotechnology, Technology developed for the sustainable development of rural people in UP, cultivation of Medicinal & Aromatic plants, wasteland development, pharmacognostic studies of crude drugs and phytochemical analysis of medicinal & aromatic plants as well as crude drugs.
- 19 years of teaching experience and presently working as Head, Department of Biotechnology.
- Worked as a Scientist in IIT (Delhi) & All India Institutes of Medical & Sciences (AIIMS) under different projects since 1999.
- Achieved different fellowship awarded by ICAR and CSIR.
- 4 years industrial experience in working as Pharmacognosist in Homeopathic drug industry.
- Working as Editor of several journals of National & international standard
- Post Doc research from IIT , Delhi
- Two Years Degree Course in ASSOCIATESHIP IN INFORMATION SCIENCE (AISC DEGREE) conducted by Indian National Scientific & Documentation Centre (INSDOC) CSIR New Delhi.
- Ph.D (Calcutta Univ.)
- M.Sc (Cal univ.)
- B.Sc (Hons) Presidency College, Cal Univ.
- Pursuing PhD in Environmental Science & Technology, BHU,
- M.Sc. (Tech) Environmental Science & Technology, BHU,
43 years of experience as a teacher, researcher and manager of higher education institutions. He was 3 Principal Investigator, Network Coordinator or Co-Principal Investigator of several externally funded national and international projects. He had been teaching Nematology since 1977; guided 6 M.Sc. and 12 Ph.D. students and co-supervised several others.
- Ph.D. (IARI)
- M.Sc. (IARI)
- Post-Doctorate (UK)
- LL.B. (DU)
- 17 Years (Excluding PhD research period)
- Ph.D. (Geophysics) from BHU
- M.Sc. (Tech.) in Geophysics (Meteorology) from BHU
- DYSc. From BHU
Ph.D., M.Sc., NET (UGC-CSIR)
B.Sc. (hons), M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., NET
- 1 year teaching and 1.5yr. Research Associate
- Ph.D (Agronomy)
- Ph. D (MATHEMATICS)
TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: More than 25 Years
- Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI) and Sharda University, (October 2008 - Continuing)
- Associate Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI), (January 2008 - September 2008)
- Lecturer and Assistant Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions and Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology (October 1997 – December 2007)
- Director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Sharda University (May 2016 – Continuing)
- Chief Vigilance Officer, Sharda University (March 2016 – Continuing)
- Director & Director Academics, Vidya College of Engineering, Meerut (July 2011 – January 2016)
- Founder Controller of Examinations, Sharda University (2009 – 2011)
- Dean Academics, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida (2008 – 2009)
- Director, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida ((2007 –2008)
- Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida (2006 - 2007)
- Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut (1997 - 2004)
- Ph. D. in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1997)
- M. Sc. in Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1988)
- B. Sc. (Hons.) in Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1986)
- 35 years of research experience
- Ph.D,, International Post-graduate diploma in Chemistry & Chemical Engineering (UNESCO Fellow, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan)
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture